Note: We are still reviewing quality applications for the next start date.  There are several on-campus and online start options each semester for MEd and certificate programs. Please contact your admission counselor to discuss which start option will work best for you.

Ready to apply? Please submit the following:

  1. Online application
  2. Official transcripts demonstrating completion of a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university.* You may submit the Transcript Release Form to allow Concordia University to request official transcripts on your behalf or you may submit them yourself. Transcripts must be received in a sealed envelope to be considered official.
    Note: If you are submitting transcripts from an institution outside of the United States you will need to have them evaluated by one of our transcript evaluation partners.
  3. One confidential letter of recommendation, dated within six months of applying.
    1. MEd C&I, MEd in Leadership, MCTE, and ESOL/Reading Interventionist/Health-PE certificate applicants:  One letter is required if your GPA is below a 2.8.
    2. MEd in Administration, Pre-AL, or Pro-AL applicants: One letter of recommendation is required from your current supervisor, regardless of your GPA.
  4. The TSPC-required Personal Character Questionnaire.
  5. Statements of Intent:  Please respond to the following prompts individually.  Number each response.
    1. Briefly introduce yourself to the Graduate Admissions Office and College of Education teams by discussing your professional background and your interest in pursuing your desired program of study at Concordia. (approx. 75-100 words)
    2. Describe your professional goals and their alignment with your chosen program and to Concordia’s overall mission.  Illustrate how your strengths and experiences have prepared you for success in the program. (approx. 200-250 words)
    3. Discuss an immediate, real-world challenge affecting PreK-12 educational settings. Provide an example. What action should educators take to address this challenge? (approx. 200-250 words)
    4. For candidates who earned under a 2.80 GPA, please explain what led to the low GPA and how you will succeed in an academically challenging graduate program today.
      MEd in Administration or Preliminary and Professional Administrative License Certificate applicants (OR and WA applicants only), please also respond to the following question:
    5.  As a future or current building or district level administrator, how do you hope to make a positive impact for all students and stakeholders within your setting?  (Please include examples of culturally responsive practices.) (approx. 200-250 words)
  6. A detailed résumé that provides a history of work experience.
  7. An Interview may be required.
  8. If you are an international student, a score of 80 (Internet-based) or 550 (paper-based) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) that is no more than two years old.**
    You will also need to:

    •  Have completed a statement of financial guarantee
    •  Submit a copy of your passport

* Cumulative undergraduate GPA must be 2.80 or higher for standard admission. The GPA for graduate courses transferred in must be 3.0 or higher. Students can be conditionally accepted with a GPA below 2.8; however, you may be required to submit additional material.
** Exception: International students whose undergraduate education took place in Australia, Canada (English-speaking provinces), the United Kingdom, Ireland, New Zealand, or the U.S. are exempt from this requirement. Students born in one of these countries yet educated elsewhere are still required to satisfy the English proficiency requirement.

Entry requirements specific to the MEd in Administration or Preliminary Administrative License/Post-Master’s Program:

  1. The letter of reference should be from a direct supervisor/administrator and verify the applicant’s administrative potential based on an assessment of skill in leadership, management, and human relations.
  2. Completion of a teacher or personnel service preparation program AND an Oregon teaching or personnel service license. Administrative candidates wishing to serve in the State of Washington meet these criteria with proof of a Washington teaching certificate: WAC 180-79A-220
  3. Three years of successful licensed teaching or personnel service experience in public schools or regionally accredited private schools are required by TSPC prior to enrollment.

Submit your application materials

Please make sure your first and last names appear on all of your application materials. You may submit your materials (preferably in one packet) in one of the following methods:

Become a Cavalier! Submit your application for enrollment today.