Note: We are still reviewing quality applications for the next start date. There are several on-campus and online start options each semester for MEd and certificate programs. Please contact your admission counselor to discuss which start option will work best for you.
Ready to apply? Please submit the following:
- Completed application
- Applicants must have earned a bachelor’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution.
- Official transcripts from a regionally accredited college/university with posted bachelor’s or master’s degree. For your convenience, please sign the transcript release form if you would like Concordia University-Portland to request official transcripts on your behalf.
- Work History Form or résumé showing work experience.
- Applicants must have a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.8 or higher*.
- Statement of Intent, 475-600 words in length. The content and the clarity of writing will be assessed in the admission process. Please respond to the following prompts individually, and number each response:
- Briefly introduce yourself to the Graduate Admissions Office and College of Education teams by discussing your professional background and your interest in pursuing your desired program of study at Concordia (approx. 75-100 words).
- Describe your professional goals and their alignment with your chosen program and to Concordia’s overall mission. Illustrate how your strengths and experiences have prepared you for success in the program (approx. 200–250 words).
- Discuss an immediate, real-world challenge in the professional field to which your degree aligns (e.g. PreK-12 education, higher education, corporate training). Provide an example. What action should educators or professionals take to address this challenge? (approx. 200–250 words)
- For candidates who earned under a 2.80 GPA, please explain what led to the low GPA and how you will succeed in an academically challenging graduate program today.
MEd in Administration or Preliminary and Professional Administrative License Certificate applicants (OR and WA applicants only), please also respond to the following question:
- As a future building or district level administrator, how do you hope to make a positive impact for all students and stakeholders within your setting? (Please include examples of culturally-responsive practices.) (approx. 200-250 words)
Note: Individual programs may have supplemental requirements (ask us for specifics).
MEd in Administration, Pre-AL, or Pro-AL applicants, please also provide the following:
- One confidential letter of recommendation from your current supervisor is required, dated within six months of applying. This letter should include the applicant’s administrative potential based on an assessment of their skills in leadership, management, and human relations.
- Completion of a teacher or personnel service preparation program AND an Oregon teaching or personal service license. Administrative candidates wishing to serve in the State of Washington meet these criteria with proof of a Washington teaching certificate: WAC 180-79A- 220)
- Three years of successful licensed teaching or personnel service experience in public schools or regionally accredited private schools is required by TSPC prior to enrollment.
For Oregon and Washington residents, the TSPC-required Personal Character Questionnaire must be completed.
Please make sure your first and last names appear on all of your application materials. You may submit your materials (preferably in one packet) by one of the following methods:
On-campus, Flex online, or hybrid MEd applicants or certificate with licensure/endorsement applicants:
- Scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax to 503-280- 8531
- Mail to:
The Office of Admission
2811 NE Holman St.
Portland, OR 97211-6099
Accelerated online MEd or non-licensure/non-endorsement certificate applicants:
- Complete the application online and then your enrollment specialist will email you the appropriate documents to complete.
- Transcripts: To submit official or unofficial transcripts use one of the following methods:
- Scan and email to: email@example.com
- Mail to:
Online Admission Office – Processing Center
3600 E University Drive
Phoenix, AZ 85034
*Certain criteria and GPA requirements vary by program. Find out from an admission counselor or enrollment specialist if you qualify for your program, or if you qualify for conditional admission, which may simply require additional materials.