Doctorate of Education (EdD) admission requirements
- Online Application
- Official transcripts from a regionally accredited institution or institutions that awarded your master’s degree and any post-master’s credit with a GPA of 3.0 or better. You may submit the Transcript Release Form to authorize Concordia University to request official transcripts on your behalf. This is available only to U.S. residents for U.S. colleges and universities.
Note: If you are submitting transcripts from an institution outside of the United States you will need to have them evaluated by one of our transcript evaluation partners.
- Letter of intent (no more than 750 words) explaining why you want to earn a doctorate degree, why you are choosing Concordia University-Portland, your commitment to complete the degree, and your plan to ensure you have the time and resources to be successful. Read additional letter of intent guidelines and details.
- Example of original, scholarly writing from graduate-level work that demonstrates your best scholarly writing. Read additional scholarly writing sample guidelines and details.
- Résumé, including references (explain your relationship with the references and include their contact information).
- Interview (may be required upon request from the review committee).
- Post-admission, pre-enrollment writing assessment (may be required so the program has a real-time assessment of candidates’ writing proficiency.
International applicants | Note: Currently, international students may only complete the doctorate program in the online format.
In addition to the above requirements, all international students must submit a passing score of an English proficiency test and other pertinent forms.
TOEFL | 600 Paper-based | 100 Internet-based
Exception: International students whose undergraduate education took place in Australia, Canada (English-speaking provinces), the United Kingdom, Ireland, New Zealand, or the U.S. are exempt from this requirement. Students born in one of these countries yet educated elsewhere are still required to satisfy the English proficiency requirement.
Submit your application materials
- Please make sure your first and last names appear on all of your application materials.
- Concordia must receive ALL items from the applicant before their application will be considered for review, including transcripts.
- You may submit your materials (preferably in one packet) in one of the following methods:
- Scan and email to email@example.com
- Fax to 503-280-8531
- Mail to:
Office of Admission
2811 NE Holman Street
Portland, OR 97211